What is Sodium Lauryl Ether Sulfate 70%?

Sodium Lauryl Ether Sulfate (SLES) is a surfactant commonly used in various personal care and cleaning products. It is derived from lauryl alcohol and ethylene oxide, and its chemical formula is C12H25O(CH2CH2O)nSO3Na, where n represents the number of ethylene oxide units.

The “70%” specification refers to the concentration of SLES in a given solution. In this case, Sodium Lauryl Ether Sulfate 70% means that the solution contains 70% of SLES, with the remaining 30% being water or other solvents.

SLES is widely used in shampoos, body washes, toothpaste, and other personal care products due to its excellent foaming and cleansing properties. It helps to create a rich lather, emulsify oils and dirt, and remove them from the skin or hair.